Thursday, August 4, 2011

The EPL Live @ The Barclays Asia Trophy by #TuneTalk.

I have always been a football fan since young; in fact, I had started watching football since the early 1990s. Back then, it was very difficult to catch the English Premier League on TV; no ASTRO, no internet... nothing lor. I had to wait for the weekly highlights on every Friday afternoon just to catch some of the action. I started supporting Manchester United in 1994 - the year Eric Cantona kungfu-kicked a fan at Selhurst Park vs Crystal Palace, and was banned for months.

Anyways, today, times have improved. Football, especially the EPL, is easily available on TV today. But nothing beats watching it LIVE, than watching it on TV. All my life - I have only managed to catch a couple of games live at the stadium, and most of them were at Stadium Bukit Jalil, and once at Shah Alam. =)

While I studied in the UK, I never took the opportunity to catch any games as tickets were too expensive. A few years back, I won tickets to go watch Manchester United vs Chelsea at Old Trafford (the game that Paul Scholes scored and United won 1-0...) through a little tv contest. However, after reaching Heathrow airport in London, I decided not to go watch it - but thats another story itself.

Recently, TuneTalk was involved in the Barclays Asia Trophy - brought in Chelsea, Aston Villa and Blackburn Rovers to contest against Kitchee of Hong Kong - I missed it, but after seeing the pictures taken by Xiang - I was like.... FUWAHHH... if only I was there.

How often do you get to watch Chelsea celebrating? But they were scoring against Kitchee. So...

I see this picture and I feel as though I am on the field too LOL.

All the action LIVE in front of your eyes.

...and a close-up of Frank Lampard.

No comments:

Post a Comment